Huron Park Montessori
The Inclusion policy
Definition: At Huron Park Montessori, we encourage an inclusive society where we are committed to supporting the physical, mental, emotional and overall development of every child. We respect every child as an individual and their culture. We also respect children with special needs who, due to emotional, familial, physical, behavioural, developmental, cognitive or communicative factors, are at risk of not maximizing their potential. We are committed to providing support and assistance to each child irrespective of the diagnosis.
Goal: Safe and quality child care to every child and their familes
Policy Statement: At Huron Park Montessori we believe in creating an environment for each child that is appropriate as per their developmental need, self-inviting to have the freedom of expression, to get best possible healthy expression from them and to create a sense of belonging and to better support the needs of individual children and their family.
- Providing an active learning environment will support all children’s uniqueness, dignity and development
- Children with special needs are to be included in all aspects of their community
- Through Montessori training and play based activities focused on children’s interest, strengths and needs, we can support all children’s overall development
- The best care can be provided through partnerships between families and their support systems through involvement, input and ongoing collaboration
- Diversity in all forms enriches communities to be better and more productive places to Learn, Play and Care.
Procedure: At Huron Park Montessori our child care refers to Government’s new pedagogy “ How does learning happen” connecting with community partners such as PIRS – Peel Inclusion Resource Service, to make the classroom environment more inclusive, welcoming and appropriate according to the need of every child. We have a purchase of Service Agreement with region of peel that enables us to offer fee subsidy.
Accountability: Every member at Huron Park Montessori- Owner operator, Directors, Supervisor, teachers, placement students and volunteers is committed to maintain and provide inclusive environment. If it is determined that the centre is not able to accommodate the child’s needs, the centre will work in partnership with the family to ensure all appropriate supports have been explored and will develop a transition plan for alternate child care if necessary. Every effort, action and resource will be exhausted prior to the withdrawal of the child.