Welcome to Huron Park Montessori School & Child Care Centre!
What We Offer
- • Daycare & Nursery Program (18 months - 2½ years): Social & Emotional Awareness.
- • Preschool Program (2½ to 3½ years): Continuation of Social & Emotional Awareness / Academic Learning.
- • Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Program (3½ - 6 years): Academic Learning and School Readiness.
- • Before/Afterschool care & escort to St. Jerome Separate School & Hawthorn Public School.
- • Educational Support Services.
- • Music.
- • French Language Learning.
- • Swimming lessons offered through Huron Park Recreation Centre.
- • Field Trips & extended outdoor learning with access to neighbouring parks, trails and a splash pad.
- • We accept families in receipt of Child Care Fee Subsidy from the Region of Peel.
- • A bright, spacious classroom.
- • Easily accessible location at Dundas W. and Mavis Rd.
Huron Park Montessori School & Child Care Centre was established in 2008 and is conveniently located in Huron Park Recreation Center, with access to swimming, skating lessons and family programs.
We provide exceptional care and education for children 18 months to 6 years. We offer nursery school, daycare, preschool, pre-kindergarten, and before/after school care.
The Montessori Advantage
Children are sensorial explorers, studying every aspect of the environment, language and culture. We will provide opportunities for children to develop these skills within their immediate environment. A child who follows the Montessori philosophy learns best through real-life activities.
At Huron Park Montessori School & Child Care Centre, the materials and activities are designed to support self-directed discovery and learning. By offering a mixed age environment, the children join a community and their learning is further enhanced as children teach one another and, in the process, teach themselves. The classroom and its familiarity fosters confidence building, skills development and a sense of belonging.
The Montessori Philosophy creates in the child the sense of independence, self-discipline, concentration motivation and sensitivity to things around them. We educate the whole child with activities and lessons designed to promote the development of social skills, emotional growth, physical coordination, and cognitive preparation.
We encourage families to embrace the Montessori philosophy in their homes, to ensure that the core values we promote are reinforced in their home life.
We believe everyone benefits when you recognize and build on the strengths of families and the love they have for their children. We encourage strong, respectful, and reciprocal relationships with families to discuss their child’s development. We will take the time to make daily connections with you, whether in person or by other means (e.g., sending notes through Himama, emails, or posting information on our bulletin boards).